Commission has open position
September 21, 2017
A position is open on the Centerton Waterworks and Sewer Commission to serve an 8 year term that currently ends on May 31, 2024. The City of Centerton Waterworks and Sewer Commission is accepting applications until Monday, October 16, 2017 (4:30 PM). Applicant must live within the incorporated city limits of the City of Centerton. Regular meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month with compensation pay of $75 per meeting. Applicants will be interviewed by the remaining members at the end of the regular meeting on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 5:00 PM. The chosen applicant will then be recommended to the Mayor and City Council for appointment to the Commission. Must be present for the interview.
General Purpose of the Waterworks and Sewer Commission is to:
- Has full and complete custody and charge of the city waterworks distribution and the city sewage systems.
- Oversite of management, operations, and maintenance of the city’s waterworks distribution and the city sewage systems.
- Oversite of management and employees. Power to set budgets, including rates, salaries and benefits.
- Oversite of the development of policies and procedures for both processes and employees.
- Have all those powers granted to waterworks commissions and to sewer committees by state law.
- Prepare and transmit to the legislative body recommended ordinances implementing plans.
- Advise and counsel the city government and other public bodies.
(Resume', letter or additional pages can be included)
Please complete this application and send or deliver to:Attn: Frank Holzkamper, Utilities DirectorCenterton Water and Sewer Department500 Keller Road / PO Box 366Centerton AR 72719Office (479)795-0222 Fax (479)795-0846Email: email@example.com